I've been hunting for a recipe that I felt came closest to how I remember Koriente's Kalbi (since they wouldn't give me their recipe) and I found this:
http://weekofmenus.blogspot.com/2010/03/korean-braised-short-ribs-kalbi-jjim.html
I followed it pretty closely and I wish I hadn't skipped the "boil away the stuff" step because that would have rid me of all the excess fat I forgot to trim. That's what happens when you grow up vegetarian and then start cooking & eating meat. You don't have intuitive cues to do certain things like trimming fat.
Here is my colorful veggie array. I couldn't find asian radishes at Whole Paycheck, so I settled for the little red ones. I added in some purple potatoes for fun. And because I am irreverent with recipes that way.
Observe the carrot up close. Yes, I followed the instructions and peeled around the circumference to get nice rounded edges.
No pictures of final product. I think I've said this before but all meat looks blah and brown once cooked. What's there to show & tell? However, the food was DELICIOUS! I will definitely make this again.
2 comments:
Oooh! Thanks for pointing me to this blog! I've been on a Korean BBQ kick, and she has a recipe for grilled spicy chicken that I need to try.
Those veggies look super yum!
Post a Comment