Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Artisan Bistro

Excuse me while I copy paste from a Yelp review I wrote for this place :)

I read about Artisan Bistro while on a hunt for the perfect macaron. The first visit was a dinner date. As soon as I stepped in, I was impressed by their friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere and a general feeling of being in a welcoming place. I ate a buttery scallop entree and the husband ate beef bourguignon. The scallops were a 3/5 for me - way too much butter for my taste. The beef as well as the side of scalloped potatoes were nicely done. Our app (country pate) was a generous portion, and their bread assortment went beautifully with it. The pate came with caramelized onions which made a surprisingly delicious pairing.

We skipped dessert, but I bought 2 macarons to eat. Then 12 more, then 6 more. We left with 18 macarons in a box - 3 of every flavor. I gave 6 to my fellow macaron-loving gf and we both agreed these were the best macarons in Austin.

I went back the same weekend for Sunday brunch. The crepes were perfect in size & weight, and not overly stuffed. Just the way a Parisian street crepe would be. Excellent. Croissants and breads were spot on. They didn't have any fresh macarons but I managed to weasel a few day-olds that they weren't putting out for sale. There was no way I was leaving without a macaron.

Their food is very good, service is great and macarons are divine.

No comments: