Friday, July 2, 2010

Missing Ro

It has barely been a day since I last saw Ro, but I already miss him. Every time I see a little kid hug his mom, I want to feel Ro's sweet arms clinging to my neck as I get him out of the car. I want to hear him ask "Two?" when I tell him to bring me just one book to read. There are so many little things you get used to.

Ro is traveling with MrM for a couple of days. On many a hectic day in the past, I've wished that MrM would take Ro and go out for a couple of hours so that I could have the house to myself. But I didn't think I would have to deal with a couple of days, and it just doesn't feel good.

However, I have managed to be extra effective in the few hours I've been home. I folded two large loads of laundry, walked the dogs, emptied the dishwasher, edited a few pictures from my last shoot, fed the dogs and fed myself. Things do get done when you don't have a toddler running in circles around you. But oh, I miss those circles.


Ro has been chatting a lot and its been fun walking in the rain with him. He thinks it is novel and keeps saying "raining". The other day it had rained a lot and there were little puddles on the road. He pointed to one and said "Water-lake?". I said "It is just a wet road", to which he replied "Water-lake on the road?". Yes baby, there was a water-lake on the road. Who is to say a lake can't be 2' across and 2" deep? :)

It is eerily quiet in the house and I feel like any moment now he is going to rush out with a book and say "My read a book!". Or pull my hand with all his might and drag me to the patio saying "Outside!". But I know it won't happen. Instead, I will walk my tired self to bed, watch some trash TV, and make plans for what to tackle tomorrow. Is this what single life was like?

1 comment:

MrM said...

Ro misses you a lot, too. He's asking for "Mommy?" many times a day and thank god there's a phone and he's talking!
We will all be back soon and driving you "nutties" !!
love,
MrM.