Saturday, July 10, 2010

The pseudo-single life

As my spell of single life comes to an end (the family will be back home tomorrow), I am taking a moment to look back at the week. The biggest difference I feel in my days is the time to think. Contemplate, introspect, remember and plan the million things you forgot about. It is amazing what brain activity silence can bring on. I took a lot of time to think about what I want to do with my near future, how I want to run my business, things I need to buy for photography, etc.

I also did a couple of things I had put off with no deadline. I visited a chiropractor, ran some much delayed errands, and believe it or not - went shopping! Rather, my friend Hema held my hand while I tip toed nervously around clothes, she picked armfuls of stuff to try, voted on the outfits and enabled me to get through one of the scariest tasks of all - buying clothes for myself.

The dogs are happy too - I walk them every day. Today I brushed them and they were all waggy waggy. So it hasn't all been bad. I got to watch streaming video of stuff that MrM would never tolerate, like Buffy (crazy vampire nonsense), Ghost in the Shell (animation too technologically backward), and developed a love for Veronica Mars (a TV series MrM has not seen, and may not have an opinion on), and savored my red wine which lasts for ever when there is nobody siphoning it off the bottle. :)

I look forward to my happy reunion with my boys tomorrow!


No comments: