What happens when he says "I do it!":

Whoever thought it was humanly possible to miss a child so much? I miss the smallest details about him. The way he brings books over, snuggles in my lap and asks to be read to; the way he lays his head down when I read him his good-night book, the way he says "Two" every time I offer one book or one color of Playdoh.
I did an odd thing this morning. When I was almost done with my shower, I washed my face again, this time with his shower gel, so that I could carry his scent with me. I miss his soft arms and how they grip me when I say "hold on tight!". I miss hearing him say "mama". I don't miss the tantrums though - I need to be careful not to romanticize motherhood too much :)
Despite the moping, my list of tasks accomplished this weekend is pretty spectacular. I've also been doing a lot of photo editing this past week (and weekend), and images from my May/June shoots are finally up on my Photo Blog. For now, I'm happy it is Tuesday and I can distract myself with work.
1 comment:
Aw - that must be tough Meera. They'll be home before you know it, I'm sure.
Post a Comment