I went back to see what I had covered in my previous (23 months) update, and I talked about his love of stop signs, yellow buses, and color identification in general. The past month seems to have been devoted to role playing and learning associations.
Ro can often be spotted putting his stuffed animals to sleep. He'll bring a cat or a dog into the kitchen, grab 2 kitchen towels, lay one down, put the stuffed animal on it, and then cover it up with a second towel. Then he tells it to go nite-nite. Sometimes he sets his own head down on the towel to go nite-nite with dog/cat/lion. Every once in a while, he will come up to one of us and say "Mama nite nite?" or "Papa nite nite?", requesting us to lie down with the blanket. It is so sweet!
During wildflower season, I tried hard to teach that flowers were a "no touch". He eventually learned this, and now stands close to flowers and whispers "no touch" to himself. The other day I handed him a paper plate with a floral pattern and he was very perplexed with his snack. He kept staring at the plate saying "flower, no touch" till I realized the association he had made! Now we are trying to differentiate real flowers and real bugs from pictures of the same.
He love singing! He has learned to sing Baa Baa Black Sheep, the alphabet song, and pieces of other nursery rhymes. Sometimes we wants us all to sing together. At other times, he controls his world by telling us when it is his turn ("My turn! my turn!") or "mama turn" or "papa turn". Check out this video of him singing in the car and objecting to my joining in!
He continues to be a really sweet baby. He is full of energy and yes, there are times I wish he would calm down a bit, but he is usually cheerful through it all. A couple of pictures follow to wrap up the post.




1 comment:
Look how handsome he is. That is too cute about the stuffed animals. Sweet baby :)
Post a Comment