Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ro's bucket bath

For the last 3 weeks, we've been traveling like crazy and Ro has proven to be an excellent traveler. I can almost see his blog in the future - Ro-on-Wheels! We went halfway around the globe to India, and then back via Germany & Austria. During these 3 weeks we had a lot of new experiences and a lot of time to think (grandparents are an excellent way to get free time) new thoughts.  The next few weeks on my blog will be vacation related, with ample pictures and silly thoughts.

One thing I love about India is the bucket bath. Showers and real baths are over-rated water wasters. Instead, you fill a 5 gallon bucket with warm water, use a large mug to drench yourself, rub on soap, and rinse off using the mug. Quick, efficient and your water flow won't change if someone uses the flush in the next room. Ro also got a taste of the bucket bath. In his case, we filled 1/4 of a large bucket with warm soapy water and let him stand in it. We used the water to clean him up, and then poured warm non-soapy water (from another bucket) to rinse him off. He enjoyed his baths a lot, although it took a while for him to be comfortable sitting inside a bucket. He didn't have to sit in it, but we thought it was cute :)


Filling the bucket - lookeet those cute bums!
Hey dad, are you sure about this?
This bucket bath thing isn't too bad.

2 comments:

Clarese said...

I can't wait to read about your travels!

Ro is so cute in those pictures :)

Leesie said...

After I graduated grade school in 1973, my family (my twin brother and mother, and my father came later) and I went to Italy for the month of August. At the time my aunt's house didn't have a shower or bath tub. I had to take baths in a large plastic tub - sort of a larger version of the bucket Ro took his baths in lol. I didn't care, it was nice to feel the water and be able to get clean. It is a summer I will never forget!

Looking forward to reading about your trip and seeing more pictures.