This post isn't related to the earlier post Forgotten English Words.
Sometimes when the English language seems to fail us, MrM and I invent new words and start using them so that we can say exactly what we mean. The problem is that MrM soon forgets these aren't real words, and starts using them in public. Most of our friends are too polite to interrupt and ask what the hell he has been smoking, and I do my best to suppress a chuckle. Here are some of our words. I am requesting you, gentle reader (channeling Emily Post), to start incorporating these words in your dailyspeak so that they will soon make their way to Websters and MrM can once and for all make sense again :)
copstacle (n.): A person who presents an obstacle to fun and fast driving by manifesting in the form of a cop.
anoose (v.):
(v.) to anoose: To make a nuisance of yourself
(n.) anoosiator: someone who anooses you
(n.) anooseterminator: And extreme anoosiator who terminates all forward progress (yours) by being a nuisance.
(v.) anoosiate: variant of anoose
ridiculosity (n.): When something is very ridiculous and you need an extra syllable or two to get the point across. (variant: ridiculocity)
Usage: (1) This is ridiculosity!
(2) Ridiculosity! Utter, total ridiculosity!
Note: The author strongly feels that if Harry Potter had used this variant instead of "riddikulus", he would have been much more successful in vanquishing the fake Dementors (Boggarts) in class.
That's it for now. I don't want to inundate you with all this brilliance. Please practice your new vocabulary and report back to me on any signs of general acceptance of these words.
1 comment:
Next time I see you, I will have to tell you the story of the "buttnana."
Post a Comment