Sunday, April 27, 2008

Stranger in a Baby Hat

Ed's note: Sorry but a lot of the picture links in this post are broken. I had a really hard time putting this together on Blogger. Oh well.

I finished the last of my crochet projects - the baby hat. Since I didn't have any other model I could try it on immediately, I borrowed the Green Cuz (a good Cuz at that!) from my dogs for this photo shoot.  That hat is based on a crochet pattern that I tried to transcribe from the knitting pattern of the tomato hat. It was about 80% successful, but wider and shorter than its knit cousin. I made the wise decision up front to use non-contrast yarn so that any flaws in the vegginess of the hat wouldn't be apparent :) I present to you 

The story of the Strange Green Cuz in the Baby Hat:


I met a strange man by my window. I couldn't quite figure out what he was. He was staring out, mesmerized by the world

Until I set my sniffers on him

Then he turned away. Was it to think? Or was it Jus' 'Cuz?

"Hey you" he said, "Gimme my wine and nobody gets hurt".


Having said that, he turned away from me again.  Suddenly, he fell back with a thud.


When I got over my shock, all that was left was his hat on a stand


and the bottle of wine he had so loved.

Newscaster's note: Doggies known as Kuttu & Pixel are suspects in the disappearance of the Green Good Cuz. The hat was recovered unharmed due to the vigilance of the camerawoman.

3 comments:

LadyPatsFan said...

Hee Hee. Cute story. Wonderful job on the hat, BTB will look adorable in it.

Meera said...

I just hope it still fits BTB by the time it is cold enough for him to need it! :)

Anonymous said...

Such a cute picture story. I hope you'll post more of them in the future!