I found the oddest thing in my bag of "All Natural Mulch". Even if I make the excuse (why should I?) that iron is a natural material, this is a bit of a stretch, isn't it?
My first tomatoes are here. This year I was smart and put up a chicken wire fence around it so that free roaming dogs (or deer) from the neighborhood don't stop for a snack at my plant.
I unintentionally imprisoned my chives (companion to my tomato) - how do I get to them now?
My "Indian pepper" is blooming and I should get my first hot pepper soon.
We also pulled out the ugly shapeless vine on the side wall and planted 3 roses. MrM gets all the labor and plant selection credit. I still need to get myself to the local native plant nursery and pick out one more rose.
We also planted some gerberas for fun and color & because they are special to us, having been the flower we used for our wedding centerpieces.
Finally, we acquired this oregano in a neighborhood plant swap. If anyone knows how I can trim it to look better, please tell me. Its so leggy and sad looking right now. I also need to learn to cook with its neighbor, Mr. Lemongrass.
1 comment:
Mr. Lemongrass will be perfect for many Thai and Vietnamese dishes! Lucky you!
Post a Comment