I realize I haven't talked very much about my work here, but this past May I quit my job. My new job was set to start in July, so I needed a few new hobbies in the interim. One was sculling. I've been rowing since early May. I started out rowing alone, and then joined the novice team after about a month. We usually take quads out in the team and scull. Given the state of my back, I wasn't in favor of the more asymmetric sweep version of rowing.
I've been enjoying my weekend team sculls very much, and I make it out at least one week night to go row by myself. Last night, my instructor made a video of everybody to help us look at our form. Here is the video from our quad. Note that we were rowing very slowly at this point since we were almost at the dock. The normal speed is significantly faster :) Rowing has been a beautiful alternative to high-impact activities, and a great combination of cardio and strength work. I think everyone who loves being on the water should try it once.
I am in position #3 (from L to R).
1 comment:
You look great!!! :) I'm glad you found something you enjoy that much!
Post a Comment