2 of the three started out strong, flying in little bursts over the fence and holding on for a rest. First two pics by the man.
Following mommy:
The third one was weaker/smaller and still hung out in the nest for a couple of hours
(S)he emerged tentatively but couldn't fly up from the deck. Look at all that baby fuzz still on her head!
She sat in a corner and chirped for a while, eventually managing little flights and joining her family.
I have one more pic of this wren family that I found at home but didn't upload. Maybe in a few days.
1 comment:
Let me add that this was the most moving and incredible experience watching these birds take to their first flight. It is just increadible when you think about that they had never flown, trained their muscles to take the big jump out of the nest 10ft above the ground. Nature is amazing! I was so grateful to witness this scene the second time our wrens bred on our patio.
Post a Comment