This is a multi-stage pasta recipe, totally worth the work. You need to blanch and oven-dry the tomatoes, bake the eggplant, mix everything and then bake the pasta again. I was oddly loyal to the recipe, and happy to use the basil growing in my patio.
Baked rigatoni with eggplant, tomatoes and ricotta:
Veggies, all roasted and ready to go:
Garlic up close. I chose to bake them in oil rather than simmering. Mostly because I hate supervising stuff on the stove.
The appetizer section: Cheese, bread, crackers, nuts, veggies with satay dip.
The pasta, pre-baking. After I took this picture I realized I had forgotten to add the tomatoes and I quickly fixed that problem. No pictures of the finished goods - I was ravenous by the time this came out of the oven!
This was an awesome vegetarian recipe! Took a while to make, so do it on a day when cooking feels like art. Since a lot of bakeware gets used, make sure you get your spouse's signoff on doing dishes --> Voice of experience: Nothing sucks more than hand-washing giant trays and pans after cooking for 3 hours :)
1 comment:
I love the smell of roasting veggies! Good thing you got someone to do the dishes, though. You're right: having to do dishes after a cooking marathon is the pits.
Post a Comment