Tuesday, March 29, 2011

She walks, she trots

Meet Missy. She is the answer to the question "What is Meera up to these days?". I've been taking riding lessons since last month. We are about 8 weeks into it (I ride once a week). It has been a bigger time commitment than I imagined - 20 mins of getting her tacked up, an hour of riding, 20 mins of getting her nekkid again, and another 15 mins of feeding her since she misses the farm's feed time during my ride. And on some really hot days, we add on another 15 mins for me to hose her off after the ride.

Every Friday, I feel a little tired thinking that I can't nap and I have to head out mid afternoon for a ride. Every Friday I feel very happy with the world as soon as I reach Missy's pen and walk out with her. She's a sweet horse though she was being a stubborn girl last week, tossing her head and refusing to trot in the heat.


I have a video of my last trotting lesson that I'll post as soon as I can edit it down. I hope my back holds up enough for me to keep riding, because I've been enjoying hanging out with Missy a lot!

1 comment:

Molly said...

awwww she's adorable!