Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Flying over Austin

In an attempt to find more family activities to do, we've decided to start flying with Ro every couple of weeks. While Ro has done quite a few long commercial flights, he hasn't been in a parent-controlled plane in more than a year. He is so fascinated by planes that he could barely contain himself when we told him we were doing to see planes, he could touch them and daddy would fly them (I have become too rusty to fly the fam).

It was a gusty but beautiful day to be out flying. We did patterns over the airport so that if either Ro or I got sick, we would be able to land right away. Thankfully, that didn't happen and we only landed when we decided we were done flying.

While we were waiting to taxi out, we saw this team of athletes come out of the airport and board their private planes. They had a "we're cool and famous" air about them. Anyone know who they are? I can crop out a piece of the high res if needed.

Here is Ro, watching the world around him on takeoff. He was such a good boy about keeping his headsets on the entire flight.
The sky really put on a show for us. It was beautiful.
After we had finished flying, we let Ro know we were "all done" as we taxied back. He promptly took his headsets off, grinned, and asked "More?".
The Austin tower was looking rather pretty in the filtered light.
It was a really successful family flight and I'm sure we'll be doing more of these to raise our little pilot.

1 comment:

Mahesh said...

I looked at it some more and I think its Iowa State... but not 100% sure. send me the high res snap.