Monday, October 13, 2008

I graduated!

For the last 6 weeks I have been taking an online course on Photoshop Elements. I bravely enrolled in their level-2 course since I had been playing with my software for quite a while. It turned out to be the right choice for me and I had a lot of fun! We had 2 lessons a week, translating to 4 hours of week of classwork, quizzes and assignments. The assignments were optional, but you can only learn as much as you put in, right? So I did them all :)

The course was tailored for the Windows version of this software, but one of the TAs worked on a Mac, so I was able to get through everything. Elements has significant Mac vs Win differences in movie frame capture, PDF Slideshow & GIF making (they expect us to use iMovie) but other than that, it was a breeze! Here is my graduation certificate, edited - you guessed it - with Elements!


And now I can do completely random things like straighten and brighten the menu board from my favorite cappuccino stop. I decided I shouldn't do a human before & after :)

Before

After

I'm signed up for another course starting in a week, but it isn't online and I am already freaking out about how I will pick up RoRo, hand him off to MrM and still make it in time for class. One thing at a time. One day a week. Deep breath.

No comments: