I had been increasingly discontent with my iPhone4, and annoyed with Apple for not pushing back useful features like Siri to the iPhone4 with new updates. I was also annoyed, I'll admit, with my android hubby always having the cooler phone. So, when my chance to update my phone came around, and the next iPhone was months away in the future, I made the plunge and bought the Samsung Galaxy S4. Despite being an Apple fangirl, this move has been really good for me. There has been exactly one low-light: 95% of my girlfriends use iPhones, and I had to up my message limit since I can't use iMessage any more. Now for the highlights:
1. Swype keyboard. I will never 1-finger (or 2-thumb) type again.
2. S-voice. What iPhone denied me by not pushing Siri back, I can have on my Galaxy.
3. Buying books on the kindle app. Apple wouldn't allow (or levied insane cuts on) apps that sold products within them. So I always had to view the mobile version of the Amazon store on Safari app, and then buy the book and have it sent to my iPhone. Now I can just buy a book from my phone without jumping through hoops.
4. Awesome giant screen. My iPhone4 feels like a iPod-nano when I hold it now.
5. Defaulting to Google Maps. I don't have to explicitly open it, or be routed through 3 clicks to be able to map an address with Google Maps. It is THE mapping application on my phone. No silly Apple Map.
6. Beautiful camera with 13MP and 16:9 resolution at 4128x2322.
7. Multi-window mode. I can have two apps open and operating on the main screen. I can use them. Not just look at their pretty, dancing icons.
8. Kill all apps. iPhone gave me tons of grief by not having a built-in way to kill all apps. I finally have a task manager.
9. File system. Yes, I said it. I can view real folders on my phone. Hallelujah.
So, its been a hit so far. Love it.
1 comment:
Wow, Meera, be careful... The men who ring your doorbell one sunny morning wearing black suits with a little white appleshaped badge pinned to the collar might not be the friendly ones, so please do NOT go with them....
Post a Comment