Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Recipe: Two Potato Lamb Stew

I've been back on a cooking spree, powered by the fact that my mom is home and takes care of all the stuff that *needs* to be done, freeing me up for all the stuff that wants to be done. Like trying new recipes.

I snagged a hardcover copy of a Cooking Light recipe book from Costco, after making a delicious chicken recipe from their online site (that post to come). I picked this lamb stew as my first meat stew venture from the book:
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/two-potato-lamb-stew-with-roasted-garlic-10000001142001/

Modifications:
Skipped the baked head of garlic since I only had two garlic cloves at home (cloves! poor me!)
Skipped the parsnip because.. who eats parsnips anyway?!
I was completely out of red wine, so I used white wine instead. This was born out of necessity.

I cooked it in my trusty enameled cast iron soup pot, letting it cook at low heat for the recommended time. The soup turned out delicious and the boys did me proud by gobbling it up (I mean the human boys - the canine ones don't display much discretion in what they eat). This would also make a good slow cooker recipe after you have browned the lamb and the onions on the stovetop.

No comments: