Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ro in summer

Its been a month of this and that, so what better way to describe it than with pictures?

Ro helping put the wheels back on the SUV

Ro out at the dock this morning. He and I go kayaking together every other weekend.

Having a fun time goofing off in the kayak

Ro doing art. He loves coloring.
Up close, just because I find him so cute.

Ro is learning Spanish! I set up a user account for him with my Rosetta Stone software, and he is doing his lessons and learning beautifully! The speech recognition doesn't work very well for him (imagine a 4 year old trying to enunciate a foreign language), but he is doing a really good job. Today he learned plurals for a few common nouns and a new verb "leer" ("to read". Yeah, not the English leer, which I hope he doesn't learn for a long time).



Obviously, he is growing too fast and growing too soon. And, like any parent will tell you, it makes me proud and it makes me wistful.