Saturday, May 19, 2012

A month of stuff

Life has been progressing at a crazy pace the past month. In the last 10 days alone, I quit my job and started 6 weeks of "Funemployment". I got checked out for rowing single shells, I have a friend who might go sculling with me, I've been walking, I've been sick, I've been convincing myself to learn Spanish and travel to Central America.

Ro turned 4, which means he is four times as goofy as when he was born.

And he still expects the candle on the cake to taste like the cake.

Prior to that, I made one of my occasional solo trips and headed out to Caddo Lake. Its probably one of the most beautiful places I've been to, with ample kayaking opportunities and well marked boat trails (sometimes marred by wake from motor boats zipping by). Caddo pretty much merits a post by itself, but here is a picture of the swamp I was paddling in.


And this is Boat Road "U" (took me a while to figure out it was a road name and not short for Undergrowth), which has an amazing tree canopy as you continue on.



We also made a complete departure from usual programming to go check out the Weiner dog races in Buda this year. Here are the intense little dachshunds:

My favorite kind - long haired:

And Ro's favorite part of the visit - the bungee place.

That about sums up what I've been up to. Short on words, long on pictures. Perfect for the day when my sinuses are too clogged for me to form coherent sentences. :)

2 comments:

Clarese said...

Love the running weenies! You should come to the DC area while you are being funemployed!

Meredith said...

Yay for funemployment! Beautiful photos as always!