On Sunday the whole human family (me, MrM, RoRo, my mom, my inlaws) went to Hamilton Pool for some quiet time, water time and a little family picnic. MrM and I instantly jumped into the water - it was cool and crisp and even a cold-wuss like me enjoyed wading.
Here is the little cove at the end of the pool. Water falls down in a steady trickle and it is fun to swim under it.
There is a walking trail that goes around the back wall, from where I took this picture. No, I did not swim with the camera sitting on my head. In fact, I could barely swim. I don't even want to remind myself how hard I found it to swim after (a) not having been swimming for a year (2) having done very grueling hatha-flow yoga the previous day where I was in over my head, watching pitifully as other were standing on theirs.
The pool was relatively empty for a weekend, the weather cloudy and ideal. It was a lovely experience, only slightly marred by a man who kept screaming "Hellooooo! Can you hear me?", presumably to entertain his kids. At some point I started retorting "The whole world can hear you" but MrM dissuaded me from screaming loudly. Bummer.RoRo hung out with his grandmas and we stripped him down for fun

Ro actually has his own lifevest now and classy vinyl underwear to go swimming. Stay tuned for more of that!
No comments:
Post a Comment