Thursday, October 17, 2013

Belated birthday post

Several moons ago (well, only 1), my birthday came around on its annual visit to planet Earth. It was a remarkably gastronomical day, and I have no idea why I forgot to post these. There should be an app for that :)

There are cards, and then there are cards. Not only were the words inside the card beautiful, somehow MrM managed to pick a card that made me very happy just looking at it. You can take the girl out of India, but you can't take the India out of the girl. Not entirely anyway.


Since my birthday fell on a Thursday, and these are generally meeting-free at work, I had a lunch date with MrM. Admittedly, there are a few things as satisfying as eating sushi. I will claim that my butter chicken is up there, though :)

Cherry Blosson roll at Izumi.


Unagi hand-roll. It was a cone of deliciousness.

While my birthday is usually a great source of excitement for me, it is often a source of stress for the man, who suddenly finds himself unable to decide what we need to do on birthday night. So it comes in handy that our good friends called us over for dinner. The pi`ece de re'sistance of this meal was actually a ahi-avocado plate, but after staring at the picture for a while, I decided that there would be enough vegetarians who wouldn't share the same Pavlovian reaction to it. So, I'll post a picture of the awesome cheese and balsamic strawberry appetizer instead. 


Knowing that I geek out on phone lenses, and that I've been having a bit of a struggle finding something for my new Galaxy, the man bought me a microscope attachment. I carry it around in my purse and stare through it every time I encounter a new surface. Let me present to you, my cutting board :)



It was a wonderful day, and I hold on to the last of my 30's with great enthusiasm :)

No comments: