Wednesday, August 28, 2013

We have a kindergartener!

This day was coming all along. The husband was looking forward to it, the kid was neutral, and I was a nervous mess. But none of that family emotional disturbance was going to hold kinder back. And we are so glad it didn't!

We went with Ro to "muffin morning" the Friday before school start, and that got him all amped up to go to Kinder. The teacher was sweet (I hear we won the lottery :) ), the room had fun new toys and books, and Ro was so ready for a change of pace!

Here he is, all excited outside our home before we leave for the first day!



Putting his backpack on for the first of many days.


Styling outside school.


 I wanted to get a picture of the back of the backpack (grandma got it as a birthday gift, with his name on it), but I like this picture better. He is checking if I am following :)
 In the cafeteria, waiting for first bell.

Lined up with other kindergarteners to head to the room.

He found his room! Yay!
 Inside the room.
 Finding his name tag

Hmm.. what now?

 Look! A faucet!

Busy playing at after-care. He didn't want to go home - that's something that tells me he had a blast!

All done with day one, happy as can be :)

2 comments:

Mary Sue said...

I'm glad everyone survived his first day :) What a milestone! He looks so grown up.

wildtomato said...

He looks so mature now! And how luck he is that his first day of school is captured in pics.