Monday, February 11, 2013

Juicing - new hobby :)

In my quest to include more vegetable nutrients in my diet, I acquired a juicer. Ro and I (and even my mom) enjoy this new toy immensely. Here is our first batch of juice, with local carrots, kale, an apple, and ginger.


Little bitty boy showing me how eager he is to drink veggie juice.

Next formula, with cucumbers, grapefruit (ugh), kale, cantaloupe, apple, pineapple.


Mmm... thankfully I stopped myself at 1/4 grapefruit. I have no idea how people eat this stinker fruit. Juice was yummy thanks to the other ingredients.


I know you are all eager to hear what MrM said. I paraphrase with minimized emotion: "It smells gross. I prefer to eat salad, not drink it. Call me when you make fruit juice. And please, clear the filter of greens by juicing an apple first before you make a batch of fruit juice."  Lets just say, one person remains a hold-out on the veggie juice bandwagon.

Ro and I, however, continue to enjoy our juicing hobby. Just no more grapefruit. I asked Ro what he thought of grapefruit. His words "I like it a little bit." Really? "Yes, because we are supposed to like everything a little bit.". Ha! I told him he was excused from liking grapefruit. I'm not demon mom.

2 comments:

wildtomato said...

Ha ha ha! I have to sheepishly admit that I side with MrM on this one. Although I won't refuse a glass of veggie juice, I really like eating and cooking vegetables much more than drinking them!

Meredith said...

I love my juicer! Kylie loves trying the juice but she's the only one.